Cyclone Spin Studio is a boutique indoor cycling studio located in the heart of Downtown Kitchener focused on building community and empowering our members to feel great. We are excited to be expanding our team with a Studio Manager.
The Studio Manager will oversee the day to day operations of the studio, and manage our instructor and front desk team all while fostering our supportive community. The Studio Manager ensures all Cyclone services and offerings are carried out with excellence and that everyone who walks in the doors feels safe and supported. Your time will be split between designated front desk hours in addition to off desk hours. The position will focus on optimizing business operations and driving revenue through sales and outreach.
About the team
Cyclone consists of 11 instructors, 4 front desk team members and 11 support staff (we call them the Sweat Equity team). Rooted in our core values to create a cohesive and positive space for everyone, we are passionate about maintaining a safe, and motivated team that helps riders and community members feel comfortable and confident each time they walk through the door.
How you’ll contribute;
- Grow and develop the incredible team of hardworking and motivated staff with high expectations around individual contribution
- Drive operational effectiveness with focus on growing Cyclones sales and revenue
- Foster a safe and collaborative culture that embodies Cyclone’s values
As the Studio Manager you can expect to;
- Oversee day to day operations of the studio including but not limited to maintaining studio cleanliness, equipment functionality, member check-in, telephone inquiries, payment handling, and customer care calls
- Assist in the continual review and optimization of class schedule, programming styles and standards
- Facilitate improvements for operational efficiencies, and adjust standard operating procedures as the organization scales
- Manage and carry out all community events
- Oversee marketing efforts in conjunction with other staff members
- Coordinate, and manage all Cyclone staff including employee onboarding, resolving any employee conflicts and/or concerns, tracking and assessing instructor performance, and conducting any disciplinary actions as necessary
- Complete routine competitive and industry analysis to track trends, drive growth and spark innovation
- Maintain strong working knowledge of our classes by participating in at least two (2) classes per week
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience in a management role, ideally in the Fitness or Wellness industry
- Proven leader with ability to operate effectively under pressure in environments with ambiguity
- Experience in fostering a safe, and collaborative environment
- Self-motivated, and team-oriented individual with excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Hospitality and/or retail experience is also preferred
- Part time, 25 hours (15 in studio, 10 flex) with room to grow if desired.
- Primarily Monday to Friday, some flexibility with weekends required
- Unlimited membership to Cyclone Spin Studio and partner gyms
- Semi-Flexible schedule
- Great team and supportive community
- Discounts with preferred partners of Cyclone Spin Studio
*Not sure if you have enough or the right experience for our current opening? Apply anyways - training is included and community fit is the most important.
How to Apply
Please email resume and include a short description about yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to News